very new noobie

Say hello and introduce yourself here!

very new noobie

Postby M6JXE on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 am

hi all Im Graham 57yrs, live in Towcester, very new to ham(not just wet behind the ears, but still in the bath!). have been listerning via websdr. I also was a cb'er back in the days of AM. always enjoyed radio but now have the time to spend on getting involved.

Just ordered a Baofeng UV-82, to dip my toe in. no doudt I will be asking all sorts of silly questions, as I am a bit clueless at present :hehehe:
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm
M6JXE
MKARS Member

Re: very new noobie

Postby M0MMZ on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39 am

Hi Graham and welcome :)
I don't know if we're full yet, but we are running a foundation course after Easter.
If you email training@mkars.org.uk you might well get on the course.

I'm sure by now you've had a look around and seen the basics - there are 3 levels of course, the foundation being fairly straightforward (particularly if you've used CB in the past - many of us came from there).

Alternatively, if you're free this evening, you would be very welcome to attend our monday night meeting - it's very relaxed and laid back - we have a bring-and-buy sale this evening, but there are plenty of people around to chat to. Details are on the home page. When you get to the front gate of Bletchley Park, after the barriers, you'll see all the cars parked on the right.

On the left, there is a portacabin called "TS Invincible". Come through and introduce yourself.

Unfortunately, with it being Easter in 2 weeks, we don't have a meeting. Still trying to work out what we are going to do as the first week of May is also a bank holiday.

If you need any more info, feel free to post here, PM me or send an email for more info!
Stu M0MMZ
Vice Chairman
M0MMZ

Re: very new noobie

Postby M6JXE on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks stu, I only just saw your reply and its 19.50 now so a bit tight for me to sort out comming over tonight (blast)!
I am indeed wanting to train for and sit my foundation exam so will send a email to the training section.
Anyway thanks for the welcome and I really am looking forward to becoming a full member of your club.
Graham
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm
M6JXE
MKARS Member

Return to New To The Forums?