Milton keynes Rally

Milton keynes Rally

Postby M3DPQ on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Just came off 2m lots of stations around,wile haveing a chat I droped the hint that MK rally was on tomorow all but one station did not know the rally was on, which I found strange! with that I asked the reason why. Each one was not a member of RSGB, all did not look at PW radio user, or new about your web site, So next year it may help the numbers if members go out or from home and broadcast when the rally is on. I told 14 stations this morning, and posibly some stations who did not call in.
Good luck for tommorow.

Bob M3DPQ.
M3DPQ

Re: Milton keynes Rally

Postby G1MZD on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm not aware of any details of how financially we did, but it all seemed to go well thanks mainly to the wx, and Tim G6GEI who managed the whole thing.
I did the talk in for what it was worth these days but if we didn't provide it some would have complained. Only ran 25w but was heard in the Birmingham area.
I take it you did not make it, pity as we have not seen you for a while Bob.
Dave :wave:
G1MZD
MKARS Member

Postby g6gei on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Short of a personal email to every Ham what more can one do?
All UK clubs were mailed, RSGB and PW announced it, it was repeatedly advertised on Facebook groups, and announced on the PA at other nearby rallies. The only trick I think we missed was not asking the local emporium to give out our leaflets. Even then they promised a mention on their weekly blog which didn't happen. I / we even attended numerous rallies and handed out fliers to attendees (unlike another club who just dumped about 300 of their fliers in the bin at our rally). Do a google on G6GEI and you will see my name and contact details listed in numerous sites advertising the Rally.
Paid advertising just does not work, it has been tried before. But I have some ideas for next years which will make us 'different' to everyone else and may get people talking about it before the event.
g6gei
Committee Member

Postby M3DPQ on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:46 pm

I take the post on my mail, as a backhanded thank you, for going out portable before you rally and telling 14 staions that did not know that your rally was on! Me being me I asked each one why they did not know the rally was on, There reply in my first post, above. As to you question Dave why you have not seen me, the anwser is in G6GIE reply!!!!!!!!!!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Some things never change.Bob M3DPQ JACK JONES DX CLUB.
I wont advertise Lavendon Railway on the air on 2nd Sep as its been advertised every way posible, I will talk about radio if thats aloud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:
M3DPQ

Postby Will G1YYU on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 am

Hiya Bob,
I can assure you that all contacts from clubs all over the country had been informed, as I email the clubs as soon as we have a confirmed booking date and venue, then six weeks before the rally and then the week before the rally. I often get feedback thanking me for the information that would be passed onto their members and those on the air.
I can only assume those that were not aware, either are not members of a club, do not listen to the RSGB broadcast, do not receive radcom, and can't be asked to find out what is going on in the area at any given time.
It's a hobby that has all walks of life in it and not many wish to indulge in it.
We can't do anymore than we already do.
Thank you for informing those that you had a chat with though.
I have to say, being on the gate I get to meet nearly everyone on the day and see some long time friends from the airwaves.
Will
Will G1YYU
Committee Member

Postby G1MZD on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Very well put Will at least everyone can make sense of that.

BOB I'm lost for words but I will say this,
Stick to Radio but forget the Forum.
G1MZD
MKARS Member

Postby M3DPQ on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:14 pm

I will take the hint Dave! Bob
M3DPQ

Postby G1MZD on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 pm

That's fine Bob, it would be nice to have a chat sometime.
G1MZD
MKARS Member

Return to VHF Amateur Bands